Saturday, June 7, 2008

Airports and PA mind-control

I'm sitting at gate 120 in LAX, listening to the loudest airport p.a. system I've ever experienced. There is a women essentially screaming instructions in rapid-fire spanish directly overhead- I'm having flashbacks to Catholic school in Guatemala! Of course in Guatemala the screaming would stop when you complied with directions...

My flight boards in 2 hours at 8pm. I've been at the airport since noon, and I've got an 18-hour flight ahead me... I should have never stopped huffing paint! The LA weather is lovely, and I'm enjoying the sunshine after all the Minnesota rain. I've checked the weather forecast in south Austalia, and regardless of the temperature the all important wind seems to be shifting again to the south!!

Jason is still allegedly meeting me at the airport, and still seems to have a full itinerary ready to keep me from sleeping. I'm sure he mentioned 'wake boarding', but I'd have sworn he said 'water boarding'! Anyway, I can't wait to have boots on the ground in Oz!!!,