Friday, June 13, 2008

Adelaide YHA June 14

Woke promptly at 5am this morning after another 12+ hours of sleep. I'm feeling significantly improved with the fever having broken during the night and only the cough remaining. My strength is a bit lacking, but I'm going to carefully pack up today and be ready to strike out tomorrow morning if I feel up to it...I NEED to put some miles behind me!
I'll be taking care of small details today, and of course resting a bit more as well.
I'm reminded of the quote "it is better to finish well than to begin well", so I'm hoping for something along those lines!

ADDENDUM
It's 4pm Adelaide time, and I'm basically ready to go. I've done laundry, packed, eaten, inter-netted (is that a word?!), etc. I spent a good chunk of this afternoon chatting with Jordan, one of the YHA staff members. He was keen to find out what he could about bicycle touring as he was planning to tour Europe this coming season. I was of course all too willing to tell him whatever I could (and probably much more than he wanted to know!) about touring. Anyway, he was delightful and a real morale booster for me since he got me excited about getting on the road! Thanks Mate!

So the plan is to be up at 6am, and on the road at 7am heading north toward Port Wakefield. Excellent.

ADDENDUM 2
I've just returned from a FANTASTIC meal at the "Indian Brasserie" located at 65 Gouger Street about 3 or 4 blocks from the YHA in China Town. Its well worth whatever you need to endure to get a meal there... Personally this was my 3rd attempt! On the first attempt they were in the process of "opening" for several hours... I gave up in hunger and frustration. On the second they were just flat-out closed for no apparent reason. The third time was a charm. I had elected to just pass on by simply out of spite. I paused for mere seconds to glance at the menu when the Host completely won me over with charm.
****Highly recommended, but not for those on a tight budget.