Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 29 Alice Springs

Got busy making final preparations for departing tomorrow morning... mending things, bike adjustments, foodstuffs, etc. It is actually raining in Alice Springs, contrary to the "it never rains in Alice" that everyone is always telling me. Whats more- its sorta rained on and off all day!

Andrew and I are planning to leave around first light tomorrow morning, while Dave is staying behind a day getting his new wheels built. He's planning to catch up with us down the road a bit... I have mixed feelings about this.

I'm more or less rested up, and I'm getting anxious to get back on the road. We have approximately 17 riding days left, plus a few off-days in there too. With the end now an attainable goal we need to work on staying focused and not being careless. Its still just as dangerous on the road even though things are becoming familiar and routine.